New Innoventions Dream Home Presents Tomorrow's Connected Lifestyle Today at Disneyland Resort
Disney Partners with Microsoft, HP, Life|ware and Homebuilder Taylor Morrison to Offer Innovative Home Technology in a Fun, Interactive Environment
ANAHEIM, Calif., June 16, 2008 – The Innoventions Dream Home - a technological wonder made possible through the combined imaginations of Microsoft, HP, Life|ware, homebuilder Taylor Morrison and Disney - will begin limited previews on June 17.
This all-star partnership formed a five-year alliance to create an amazing showcase of advanced, integrated technology for the home that will educate and inspire Disneyland guests as the experience brings to life the latest innovations in 21st century living, in the immersive storytelling experiences for which Disney is known.
The residents of the Dream Home, the fictional Elias family, will be excited to welcome all guests to their new home at the end of June.
Keeping with Walt Disney's vision of bringing cutting-edge and inspirational ideas to Tomorrowland, the Innoventions Dream Home will introduce Disneyland guests to newly available technology from the participating companies that will enhance their lives today while providing a glimpse of the emerging digital advances they may find in their homes in the near future. The attraction will provide guests with a "high-tech, high-touch" opportunity to experience technology in an entertaining, storytelling setting.
The companies will showcase a wide range of technologies and products in the exhibit, including the latest in mobile phones, PCs, digital entertainment and gaming. The Innoventions Dream Home demonstrates how home technology can be simple, intuitive and fun while helping guests understand how to seamlessly interconnect their homes, the surrounding community and the world, helping consumers stay closer to the people, places and entertainment that are most important to them.
The notion of a Dream Home has deep roots at the Disneyland Resort, dating back to Walt Disney's fascination with the concept of a futuristic home. The Monsanto House of the Future, which stood near the entry to Tomorrowland from 1957-1967, allowed guests to imagine how emerging technologies might enhance everyday life.
Now comes the Innoventions Dream Home, a convergence of five companies and their fascination with technology. The combination of Disney's strong storytelling heritage, cutting-edge technology expertise from Microsoft, HP and Life|ware, and Taylor Morrison's talent for building homes, will inspire Disneyland guests' imaginations for years to come.
The Innoventions Dream Home partners bring together some of the best in entertainment, software, electronics, connective devices and home design through the 5,000-plus square-foot home belonging to the fictional Elias family.
The Disneyland team created compelling interactive scenarios that entertain, educate and inspire guests to explore the opportunities for enhancing everyday life through digital technologies. Through the storytelling and magic of Disney, the connected scenarios portrayed in the Innoventions Dream Home will be simple to understand and resonate with guests of all ages. These unique experiences will inspire the imaginations of guests and motivate them to incorporate the newly available technologies from Disney's partner companies, so they can enjoy them today.
Innovations in Use
• Disneyland created a warm, inviting and aspirational home design that allows guests to discover technology in a fun, non-threatening way.
• The intricate detail and craftsmanship of Disney artisans, from beautiful one-of-a-kind decorator pieces to hand-painted courtyard mural, add reality as well as a touch of magic to the story.
• The story line includes the Elias family, residents of the home, who interact with guests and engage them in realife scenarios that demonstrate the technologies.
• The experiential platform, in the heart of Tomorrowland, is designed to enlighten and entertain guests as they explore how the digital lifestyle can enhance their lives.
• An online opportunity – "Develop you Own Dream Home" – extends the guest experience as they explore technology enhancements for their homes.
With more than one billion people using its products around the world, Microsoft has unique insight into the things people hope to achieve with technology in their homes. Innoventions Dream Home includes a variety of Microsoft technologies that are available today that bring modern digital entertainment into your living room, such as the Xbox 360 game console that also allows you to stream digital video from your PC through Windows Media Center. There are also a number of advanced innovations from Microsoft that will inspire homeowners and home builders for years to come.
Innovations In Use
• Windows Vista Ultimate easily shifts between the worlds of productivity and play with the most complete edition of Windows Vista, including Windows Media Center. Ultimate provides the power, security, and mobility features needed for work, and all the entertainment features that you want for fun.
• The Microsoft Xbox 360 creates stunning visuals, powerful technology, and intelligent services to put the user at the epicenter of a gaming world.
• Microsoft Surface turns an ordinary tabletop into a vibrant, interactive surface. The display in a table-like form allows individuals or groups to interact with digital content in a more natural way (touch and gestures), incorporating direct interaction, multi-user and object recognition capabilities and technologies. It's a surface come to life for exploring, learning, sharing, creating, buying and more.
• Windows Mobile delivers advanced mobile communications, increased mobile productivity and optimized mobile business performance, with a consistent and familiar Microsoft software experience.
• Microsoft contributed a variety of other technologies including Windows Home Server, Zune, Games for Windows, Windows Media Center, Office Live, and more.
HP provides a number of technology innovations that power the overall exhibit, as well as some of the most advanced consumer electronics and personal computing products that help create the interactive, connected entertainment experience visitors will enjoy in the Innoventions Dream Home. From helping the family members keep up with each others' calendars to simplifying daily household and personal activities to enhancing the home entertainment experience, HP products demonstrate how people can use technology in more natural and integrated ways, both in and outside the home, with innovations in areas such as touch, mobility and digital entertainment.
Innovations In Use
• HP home desktop PCs, monitors and entertainment notebooks put life at the touch of a finger. The HP Blackbird 002 desktop, a fusion of HP innovation and Voodoo DNA, was created by gamers for gamers. The HP Touchsmart PC offers innovative touchscreen technology and the cinematic HP Pavilion HDX Entertainment Notebook features a 20.1" diagonal screen and dual-lamp displays.
• High-definition HP TVs, including the HP SL4778N 47-inch MediaSmart TV, allow people to access and enjoy digital videos, pictures, music and more stored on any PC in the wireless home network, in high definition, via an Internet connection.
• The HP MediaSmart Server EX475 provides automatic backup of all networked PCs, streaming media, a photo sharing Web site and virtually limitless storage expandability, while the HP MediaSmart Connect makes any HDTV a connected TV, allowing consumers to play digital collections of music, photos, and video from any Windows-based PC in the home, or from the Internet.
• The HP iPAQ 510 Voice Messenger, a smart phone with built-in camera and integrated wireless, provides maximum connectivity so that users take their home and office on the road.
Life|ware is the anytime, anywhere entertainment and home control solution. Life|ware brings the devices in the Innoventions Dream Home together to provide all of the family's entertainment anywhere in the Home; to recognize each member of the Elias family as they enter a room and tailor it to reflect their personal preferences; and to make the Home run more efficiently with the rhythm of the Elias family's everyday life. Life|ware showcases a variety of existing and emerging products in the Dream Home so consumers can interact with each piece, and imagine how technology might enhance their everyday digital living experience at home.
Innovations In Use
• Life|ware 2.0.3 is home automation and entertainment software.
• Life|media is where digital entertainment meets home automation, enabling remotecontrol access to all of a family's music, pictures, shows and more, along with complete control of the house.
• Life|point touch panels allow for instant access to digital entertainment and complete control of lighting, audio, climate, cameras and security at your fingertips.
• Life|controller provides direct and secure communications among a home's devices such as lighting, audio, climate, cameras, security, etc.
• Life|storage is a digital media server that provides redundant storage for digital content such as music, photos and recorded TV.
The Innoventions Dream Home project is the latest opportunity for Taylor Morrison to demonstrate how a home's design can be innovative while still being thoughtful, cutting edge while still evoking the essential elements of home. The award-winning Taylor Morrison team worked closely with Disney designer Tom Zofrea to understand his design concept and style aesthetic for the home. Inspired by Zofrea, Taylor Morrison then contributed many of the design elements shown on the facade and in the patio and party tent areas. Taylor Morrison designers also helped achieve the Disney vision through the selection of interior materials such as the home's kitchen surfaces, flooring and various fabrics.
Innovations In Use
• Taylor Morrison shared floor plan, lifestyle and customer feedback information with the Dream Home teams, providing a framework for design collaboration.
• Taylor Morrison helped design the exterior facade and patio/backyard areas of the Innoventions Dream Home. These are true to designs that can be seen in existing communities designed by Taylor Morrison.
• Taylor Morrison incorporated trade, vendor and manufacturing partners, allowing them to contribute products that are commonly found in Taylor Morrison homes across the country.
NOTE FOR NEWS MEDIA ONLY – NOT FOR PUBLICATION: For details, photos and video related to Toy Story Mania!, the Innoventions Dream Home and the alliance that built it, and all the new experiences at Disneyland Resort, go to www.disneylandnews.com.
Disneyland Resort Public Relations
<< Previous page